The questions you want answers to…
At Millpond we recognise that making the decision to get help with your child’s sleep problem is not always an easy one. So to help you with this decision we have answered some of your most frequently asked questions.
Q. I’ve tried everything why will Millpond’s sleep techniques work?
- Most people have tried everything, read everything and spoken to everyone they know by the time they come to Millpond.
- All our sleep therapists are trained health professionals and have had many years experience of dealing with children’s sleep problems both with Millpond and in the NHS.
- Our sleep therapists are able to view your families sleep issues not only from a health viewpoint, but with an objective eye, which enables them to dissect not only your sleep problem but any other issues ,such as diet or behaviour that may be influencing your child’s sleep problems. Only then will they plan an appropriate programme for you.
- Our clients have told us that what they found the most helpful about the sleep programme was having someone with empathy and knowledge there to support them through their programme.
Q. Do you need to see my child?
No, it is you, the parents and carers we need to speak to, so we can support and guide you, almost remotely, until you have reached your goal.
Q. Do you do home visits?
Having done virtual consultations since 2000 our families and therapists have found them to be:
- More subject focused.
- Convenient – parents can have their consultation in the comfort of their own home, at a time to suit them.
- Easier for managing childcare.
- Less intimidating, enabling parents to talk more openly
- A recent study found that more than half of clients who had experienced both in-person and phone counselling preferred phone counselling.
“I hesitated about only having a phone interview but soon realised it didn’t affect the advice given and made no difference what so ever ….. we were REALLY happy with our experience and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend or use again”
“The telephone support was fantastic (better than face-to-face would have been)”
Catherine St John-Smith
Q. Do you come out at night?
- For your convenience some of our therapists do consultations in the evening.
- Our approach is to give you the skills to manage the sleep training yourselves. This helps to build your confidence in handling your child’s behaviour, which as a bonus, will impact positively on their daytime behaviour as well.
- We feel it is important for your child to see you taking control of the situation.
- Should you encounter sleep problems in the future, due to unusual circumstances such as an illnesses or a holiday, the knowledge and skills you will have acquired during your time working with us, will enable you to quickly get back on track.
Who better to teach your child such an important skill for life than their parents!
Q. Will I have to do controlled crying?
At Millpond we match your parenting styles with our sleep training techniques. We use gentle sleep training techniques and would NEVER ask you to leave your child to cry-it-out.
Q. What happens if I need more support /consultation time?
As the majority of sleep problems are resolved within our packages, this is not usual, but we do offer additional top-up consultations if needed.
See what parents' say about us
When feeling overwhelmed by tiredness and in need of real sleep help, Millpond’s ‘Teach Your Child to Sleep’ is a much welcomed, well researched resource. This is an easy read with a practical nurturing approach that walks you and your child through to a good night sleep.Rozanne Hay, UK Representative and Director for Continuing Education IACSC International Association Of Child Sleep consultants
The Millpond approach is non-prescriptive and [their] book offers lots of choices for parents to match their own goals and parenting styles. I would heartily recommend it for anyone already experiencing problems with sleep or to set up good sleep habits proactively.Melissa Hood, founder of The Parent Practice
This baby and child sleep guide is the perfect combination of accessible science, Mandy’s years of experience and a mother’s warmth. I love the way things fall into place with Mandy’s clear and thorough explanations!Diana Hill, co founder of Essential Parent
Millpond’s brilliant blend of commonsense, encouragement and understanding – plus a highly logical strategy that is easy to implement – changed hell into heaven literally overnight. My entire family is thus indebted to Mandy and her team.Freya North, Author
I am a GP and would recommend Millpond to any sleep deprived parents; you cannot put a price on sleep. Thank you so much. I only wish I hadn’t waited 19 months.Vanessa, GP
We are so happy that we put our trust in you to help us with what has been a huge problem for our family for almost 2 years. We are finding time to relax and time for each other and I did not realise how much we missed this time.Ben
As a family, we were sleep deprived. The tailored plan for our son made it personal. I am really pleased with what we’ve achieved during the programme and I am thankful to Juliet and Millpond.Evrim.
We were at rock bottom. Our son has a neurological condition, so I was nervous and and wanted a sleep clinic who had experience of this and would adapt to the needs of our son. Our lives literally changed overnight!Shurron
Within weeks our son was waking only once a night. The investment we made into Millpond was one of the best we’ve ever made. It gave my son a solid night sleep and consistency. It gave me and my husband our sanity back.Shurron
I am delighted. I was aiming to go from 6+ wakes at night and feeding to sleep 100% of the time to 1-2 wake ups and some ability to self-settle. After doing the plan for less than 6 weeks my daughter started sleeping through the night.Katie
My daughter is now having quite a bit more than the average sleep for her age and it’s lovely to see her waking up naturally. I’m also waking up naturally and feeling much more refreshed for having a regular sleep routine myself!Louise
We are so happy we could jump for joy, we wish we had spoken to you ages ago. Using Millpond has built our confidence and made us feel on top of it at last. You really gave us some life back!Sarah
I live in Switzerland so it is really quite remarkable that Millpond was able to help me over the phone and by email. When you have slept you can deal with anything!!Melanie
We still can’t believe that such small changes have made such a difference to us and Alice. She has even slept through while on holiday in a travel cot.Louise
We are just so sorry we did not get in touch sooner as we went through 18 months of no sleep.Ann Marie
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We never thought life could be improved so greatly. You showed us the light. Luka is much happier and loving his sleep now.!Diane
Alex is sleeping beautifully again and is now quite happy to lay in his cot singing until 7.30/745 am ( Godsend!) and sleeps very happily through the night again. Thank you so much!Sandy
Very happy to say that Joshua, who you helped us with, is now sleeping a regular 11 hours a night uninterrupted. In fact, getting him up some mornings is a real challenge!John
Mandy has been an absolute saviour at a time which was starting to feel quite bleak in terms of our little one’s sleep. The personalised advice and guidance has been invaluable.Mary
Need sleep? …call us today direct on: 020 8444 0040